Build Customer Loyalty, Engage Social Community
The newly-launched brand had almost no social presence and limited content. DCA had to create a platform to engage their hard-to-reach audience, cultivate a strong social community to generate proactive fan engagement.
insight & strategy:
Azamara’s trademark is their destination immersive cruises, which we shared visually via YouTube and with photo albums on Flickr. To truly differentiate from its competitors, it was important to showcase Azamara as destination experts – we used Facebook and a created an article-rich blog to provide tips, trivia and compelling stories from onboard crew. Twitter was employed to reach the travel trade with the latest news and deals. Our strategy provided a platform for the brand loyalists to engage and become ambassadors, sparking conversations and attracting new users to the community.
- Twitter reached its goal of 2,000 followers in about a year
- We increased Facebook fans by over 375% in total and reached goal of 10,000 fans in less than a year
- Facebook fan engagement grew from a 38% activity rate to an average 77%
- Facebook campaign generated 250,000 post views in 2 months with 92.5% increase in Likes as the average campaign result
post views in 2 months
total increase in fans
- Content Creation and Management
- Social Media Monitoring
- Social Media Strategy/Marketing
AdFed ADDY, Silver
Social Media Campaign, 2011
about the client:
Azamara Club Cruises is a small-ship line, owned by Royal Caribbean, focusing on longer stays in destinations to serve the upscale and affluent segment of the North American, U.K., German and Australian markets. They engaged Diaz & Cooper in 2009 to create a new look for the brand’s re-launch with an emphasis on destinations and the goals of increasing awareness and supporting higher rates.